A 28-year-old male footballer with a history of Medial Tibial Stress Syndrome.
On examination patient also has a Pes Plano Valgus foot type complicated by soft tissue ankle equinus bilaterally.
The devices must fit his football boots.
Prescribed Orthotic Type
Soccer Sport Device: a slimline sports device with superior durability, incorporating an hourglass grind for football boots or similar sport footwear. See prescription form below.
Lab Standard Description
- Semi-rigid XT Sprint shell material. XT Sprint is a polygraphite that allows for a deep heel cup, extreme flexibility, is light weight, with low profile, making it ideal for active patients.
- 10mm heel cup- as it reduces bulk at the heel, there is less likelihood of slipping from the shoe.
- Hourglass shell grind- this shell grind is done to the shape of the football boot. We would recommend sending in a template to ensure fit.
- 1.5 Nyplex fore-foot extension to toes- this offers extra cushioning across the metatarsal heads; however, this can be removed if other forefoot extensions are added to reduce bulk.
- 1.5 Puff top cover- high durability and thin
- WSL Carbon bottom cover- high durability and thin
- Thin durasole strike plate- thin to reduce bulk
Optional Specs and Posting, Additions and Modifications
Puff top cover: offers cushioning, is durable, this surface helps keep the foot stable within footwear, easy to clean.
Agoflex: selected in this instance for the materials durability in the context of wear and tear of a athletic/sports footwear.
Post to calcaneal vertical – correcting the cast to align the calcaneal into a vertical position.
1st met cut out – this shell modification located under the 1st metatarsal-phalangeal joint at the distal-medial aspect of the shell. This design feature allows for increased plantarflex of the 1st ray and the pronation of the forefoot with the goal of achieving a greater toe-off and conversely a better heel-strike.
Narrow Shell Grind – this comes as lab standard on the Soccer Sport device and his stated on the prescription for to highlight this feature of the device.