We’d like to draw your attention to the excellent Physio Matters Podcasts. The most recent edition of this accessible and informative series focuses on Podiatry and is titled The Myth of Over-Pronation.
Presented by Jack Chews of Chews Health, the series explores musculoskeletal and sports medicine for those working in physiotherapy, sports therapy, sports rehabilitation, medicine and features guests who specialise in a range of related fields.
We’re delighted to announce Firefly Orthoses have sponsored the most recent edition of the podcast (session 18) which features an extensive interview with consultant sports podiatrist Ian Griffiths.
Ian discusses, amongst other topics:
- the challenges of defining over pronation and the associated models of assessment and treatment,
- the parameters of normality/normalising foot posture,
- the challenges of applying the Foot Posture Index,
- The ‘Old 3 Step Model’ Vs the Tissue Stress Approach,
- the role of orthoses in kinetics and load management,
- how to appraoch the patient who believes pronation is a causative factor in their problem?
- If not pronation then what should we use instead? Danny Dyer’s Chocolate Homunculus.
The podcast is available to listen to from the following sources.
We hope you enjoy.