Firefly Orthoses will be attending the forthcoming Podiatric Sports Medicine Conference at the Royal College of Surgeons, London.
The conference takes place Friday 16th and Saturday 17th of September, 2016. The event is entitled “Inspiring Clinical Excellence – Thinking Beyond Biomechanics” and will be jointly chaired by Dr. Nat Padhiar and Dr. Nikos Malliaropoulos.
The main aim of the Annual Podiatric Sports Medicine Conference is to provide affordable education and allow experts to share knowledge within their field. The aim is also to better prepare the clinician to provide a wider range of treatment options for foot and ankle problems in sport. Open to podiatrists, podiatric surgeons, sports physicians, physiotherapists, sports therapists, osteopaths, chiropractors and all students of respective professions.
Claire Carr will be representing Firefly Orthoses at the event. Claire will be on hand to provide insight into all of Firefly’s products and services, including our sport orthoses. Firefly’s range of sport orthoses, designed specifically for sport include, the Standard Sport, Direct Milled, Low Profile Sport, Impact Sport and the Soccer Sport device.
Two day conference will include lectures, workshops and informal discussions delivered by experts from across Europe:
- Blood tests – Focus on Vitamin D
- Ultrasound Scan – Clinician’s stethoscope and guidance system
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)
- Extra-corporeal Shock Wave Therapy (ESWT)
- Ultrasound Tendon Characterisation (UTC)
- Achilles Tendinopathy – Mechanical or genetics?
- Laser Therapy
- Osteoporosis & Interpreting Dexascan
- European College of Sports and Exercise – 12 CPD points
- Faculty of Sports & Exercise Medicine – TBC
- Directorate of Podiatric Medicine – 12 CPD points
If you wish to find out more about Firefly’s sport devices, please fill in the form below and our technical support team will answer any questions you may have.